Scientific knowledge in practice GEM-Projects: 1/11/2004 - now
1/11/2004: ° GEM-Projects. My Decision to start GEM-Projects was based on a long held dream of being able to do the work that I love and at the same time serve others...
Scientific knowledge TNO Glassgroup: 15/04/2001 - 31/10/2004
Project leader at TNO Glassgroup in Eindhoven The Netherlands. R&D-projects for container, float, fibre, tableware, TV-panel, crystal, insulation wool, foam glass, and water glass industry. Projects about modelling of glass furnaces and feeders, time transient simulations of glass furnaces, energy benchmarking of glass furnaces (Kyoto-protocol), glass melting and fining lab-experiments, ...etc. Interesting experiences in project management and scientific research with plenty of contacts with leading (glass) companies worldwide.
Practice Verlipack & La Manufacture du Verre: 1/1/1987 – 30/3/2001
Verlipack and Verlipack Engineering Belgium: glass technologist for the glass plants in Mol, Jumet and Ghlin. Vast practical experience in glass chemistry, raw materials, high cullet ratio batches, furnace control, energy efficiency optimisation, colour changeover, glass quality, glass defects, process diagnosis & analysis, glass production trouble-shooting, ... Since 22/01/1999 (Verlipack went bankrupt in January 1999) involved in the take-over and restart of the plant in Ghlin by new investors. Glass technologist and quality manager of ‘La Manufacture du Verre’ in Ghlin.
Science Education (1982-1986 1990-1992) & courses:
- Master of Science in Earth Sciences/Geology – University of Ghent (RUG) (1982 - 1986).
- Master of Science in Computer Sciences – University of Brussels (VUB) (1990 - 1992)
- Fundamentals Of Glass Technology - The Center for Professional Advancement (1996).
- Glass Course - NCNG (2001 - 2002).
- Geert Jacobs, Andries Habraken, “Optimisation and cost reduction of colour changeover by glass tank simulation”, Glass, October 2003.
- Geert Jacobs, Hans van Limpt, “Benchmarking energy efficiency of muffle furnaces for SOP production”,Fertilizer, November December 2003.
- Ruud G.C. Beerkens, Hans A.C. van Limpt, Geert Jacobs, “Energy efficiency benchmarking of glass furnaces”, Glass Science and Technology, March/April 2/2004.
- Geert Jacobs, Hans van Limpt: “Energy benchmarking of glass furnaces”, Glass, May 2004.
- Geert Jacobs, “Glass defects database”, Presentation at Glass Trend Workshop Eindhoven, May 2004.
- Olaf op den Camp,Geert Jacobs,"Reduction of TV glass defects - an example”, Presentation at Glass Trend Workshop Eindhoven, May 2004.
- Geert Jacobs, Olaf op den Camp, “Benefits of using mathematical modelling in the glass industry / Les Bénéfices apportés par l’utilisation des modèles mathematiques dans l’industrie verrière”, Verre, June 2004.
- Geert Jacobs, Hans van Limpt, “Energy Benchmarking in the Glass Industry”, Kgk, nr 6 (November – December) 2004.
- Geert Jacobs, Cullet quality control, optimisation of sampling, a statistical approach”, Presentation at Glass Trend Workshop Eindhoven, November 2009.
- Geert Jacobs, "A statistical approach to cullet quality control", Glass International, March 2013.
- Geert Jacobs, "Optimising energy efficiency of glass furnaces", Glass International, March 2014.
- Geert Jacobs, "Reducing risk in cullet quality control", Glass International, April 2016.
- Geert Jacobs, "Glass colour change challenges", Glass International, May 2020.
We welcome your questions & inquiries...